Players eligible born in 2014, 2015, 2016
Atom program: ages 8-10
Players cannot turn 11 before December 31 of the playing year. There are no try-outs for the Atom program. All Atom age players will be able to play in our program.
Welcome to the Bulldogs Atom football program!
7 on 7 Camp
7 on 7 football is a version of football that emphasizes passing and route running. There are no pads in 7 on 7 football because there’s no tackling. Players are downed when they’re touched below the neck.
There are no formal offensive or defensive lines in 7 on 7 football.
7 on 7 football has several other benefits, including:
· Perfecting the Passing Game. Because teams cannot tackle or run the ball, QBs have the chance to work on their accuracy and timing when throwing a football.
· Helps You Stay in Shape. 7 on 7 football is a great way for players to build up their stamina on account of all the running involved.
· Plenty of Repetitions. Instead of just running drills which can be monotonous, 7 on 7 football allows players to practice different game scenarios. This could be a great way for high school kids, or any level, to get ready for their next game.
Bring your cleats/runners and water bottle and get ready for some fun!
Details coming soon
Come join us for a fun June camp, brush up on your football skills and meet your teammates that you will be playing fall ball with! Bring your cleats/runners and water bottle and get ready for some fun!
details coming soon
Regular Season - STARTS AUGUST 12, 2024
Registration for the actual football season will take place after the camp. Practice for the season will start August 12, 2024. Equipment handout will take place A week or two prior to the start of practice.
Practice will run Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday form 6 - 8pm. Once school begins practice will run 2 nights per week.
Fees for the season are $450.
Football Alberta has specified that there are no practices or other football activities during the entire month of July. We request that players use this month for vacations, if possible.
Our objective at the Atom level is a fun league and an introduction to football for children in a safe and fun manner. Atom games are usually played Saturday or Sunday afternoons, and all players trying out for Atoms will automatically make the team.
The rules and regulations for Atom Football are designed to create a safe and fair playing ground for all players:
- There are only 10 players/team on the field at a time.
- Games are to be played on a half field (45-yard line to end zone).
- Games are controlled scrimmage style as follows: The team starts at the 45-yard line and runs 5 offensive plays, then the opposing team starts at the 45-yard line and runs 5 offensive plays. They switch off six times for a total of 30 offensive plays each.
- No score or stats are recorded.
- There are no formal referees. 1 referee from each team, coach recommended.
- There is no kicking in Atom games.
- One coach from each team allowed on the field
Please check community Boundaries before registering. Click here to confirm.
All equipment will be provided except mouthguard and cleats.
We will collect cheques for the following as bonds.
Fundraising Bond: $250
Volunteer Bond: $250
Equipment Bond: $750
All cheques will be returned or shredded at the end of the season if all items are fulfilled and returned.
Head Coach Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Team Manager Contact: email@example.com